Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing thread
I tried to start a new thread in the Events forum about the British Museum's Pompeii and Herculaneum exhibit. When I clicked the "submit" button I was brought back to a blank "Create Topic" screen. I tried again, and the same thing happened. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a glitch somewhere, or do new threads in "Events" need to be approved?

Edit: Well, I see this attempt to start a new thread worked!
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Hi David
You may have tripped the anti-spam module. How many links were in your new thread?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Ah. Yes, I did have at least two. I linked to the Museum and a review from the Guardian.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Try posting without the links and then editing them in.

@Jasper which also poses a problem, as many spammers will create posts and then edit them full of spam. You might want to choose a program that only applies the restrictions to members with a certain post count (like less than 5 posts is what's used on TWC)
Quote:@Jasper which also poses a problem, as many spammers will create posts and then edit them full of spam.
What makes you think it only checks the initial post?

Quote:You might want to choose a program that only applies the restrictions to members with a certain post count (like less than 5 posts is what's used on TWC)
There are limited plugings that work with this forum and this version of Joomla.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine