Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forging the Blade, a New Novel About the Goths
Hi Alanus, I suppose I will get a copy off Amazon, I only use the ipad because my wife is fed up with all my books. I myself have started a novel about a group of Roxolani horsemen who get caught up in Marcomannic wars fighting alongside Iazyges when they get tricked by Iazyges into being part of the 5500 horsemen sent to Britain. The thing that got me going was the fact that in the "Life Of Marcus Aurelius" the author mentions "Marcus Claudius Fronto" not to be confused with Cornelius Fronto (no relation I think) who was the Governor of the Three Dacias and a bit of a gung-ho character who was a war hero in the Eastern Wars, he was also suffect Consul in 165 ad who was killed in a battle with either Costobocci, Iazyges or Roxolani and the only reason I can think that he would fight Roxolani would be to stop a group of them from migrating to Hungary. (Another cover up by Romans when their army is beaten by barbarians). Anyway early days yet.
Regards
Michael Kerr
Michael Kerr
"You can conquer an empire from the back of a horse but you can't rule it from one"

Messages In This Thread
Forging the Blade, a New Novel About the Goths - by Michael Kerr - 04-02-2013, 09:09 PM