Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Links between The legions 30th
Salve Caius here I was wondering if there is any members on RAT that are also members of the XXX Legio in Italy. As a member of the 30th in Canada it would be nice to establish friendly realtions with our fellow Legionares in Italy. An exchange of views ,ideas and how we do things and how they do things . Who knows if things go well perhaps a vist to see one another in the course of time. Rather than bickering and singing ditys(the Dan Peterson thing) about one another I would like to see friendly realtions established between our two groups. Cheers Caius/Thom PS. As Marcus Aurilius said we are made for cooperation <p></p><i></i>
<br>
You catched the right spirit Caius!<br>
I and my brother are Leg. XXX U.T.V. (Roma, Italia) members. An event could be the best opportunity for a visit. And if you come here for holydays too, you will be always welcome... Sharing experiences is easy: here or contacting directly the e-mail addresss on the XXX website. Stay tuned tricesimanus!<br>
<br>
Vale semper,<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
<br>
Ooops, I correct myself: tricesimane!<br>
<p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Titus, did you ever find out about the 30th's Nomeclature? <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>
Well, I'm a Rome XXXth Legio member too, as maybe Tiberius recall.<br>
Yes, as "commilitones" of the same legion we could exchange useful experiences, even though the "pond" divides us. Our actual experiences are concentrated on reenacting manoeuvres: we're a quite large group, 40-50 people, not yet a centuria, but something begins to be seen...<br>
We also reenact a group of auxiliaries belonging to the valorous Cohors I Brittonum Ulpia Torquata p.f. C.R., acting together with the legion, usually as light troops.<br>
<br>
www.legioxxx.it/<br>
<br>
Valete. <p>---------<br>
Fecisti patriam diversis gentibus unam;<br>
profuit iniustis te dominante capi;<br>
dumque offers victis proprii consortia iuris,<br>
Urbem fecisti, quod prius orbis erat.<br>
(Rutilius Namatianus - De Reditu Suo, I, 63-66) </p><i></i>
Flavius
aka Giuseppe Cascarino
Decima Legio
Roma, Italy
Salve Titius,Flavius, Thanks for getting back to me at such a short time. Yes Titius it is the right spirt so to speak. I hope this is a start of close ties to our two legios. A question to begin this. Our legion is a aqurieing a Scropio for our needs. Any tips in terms of care and maintance would be useful. Also on a personal intrest I am curious as to how you came up with the sheild device you use for your legion. Its a nice looking device. Anyhow thats it for now .Take care Caius/Thom <p></p><i></i>
I am impressed, looking at the pictures of the XXX. I am working on an aquilifer kit.<br>
<br>
I am still looking for a loin skin and a way to make scale armour. Your centurio has scale armour with large plates, do you have any archeological info about the size of the larger scale armour.<br>
<br>
If you have a spare lion, let me know<br>
<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gauishoratiuspetrus>Gauis Horatius Petrus</A> at: 5/4/04 9:20 pm<br></i>
Saluete Caie et Horatii, commilitones!<br>
Sorry for the delay to reply.<br>
Our "Scorpio" can be seen on:<br>
www.legioxxx.it/Inglese/P...%20Eng.htm<br>
Actually we have three of them, but we seldom use all together, due to their dimensions (they need a truck for the transport). About care and maintenance tips I think you should ask to Aitor, the best RAT expert.<br>
The shield pattern comes from ideas by Lino Rossi and Filippo Coarelli, two scholars that studied the Trajan Column (it can be seen in a couple of panels of the column, above all in the first one, where legionaries are crossing the boat bridge). Just suppositions, I guess, because it's not sure the XXX took part to the first dacian war, as supposed.<br>
About the scale dimensions we should ask to Ettore.<br>
The magnificent lion pelt has been just borrowed from Dan Peterson: we tried to steal...ehm, hold it, but unsuccesfully...<br>
Tricesimani sumus!<br>
Valete omnes. <p>---------<br>
Fecisti patriam diversis gentibus unam;<br>
profuit iniustis te dominante capi;<br>
dumque offers victis proprii consortia iuris,<br>
Urbem fecisti, quod prius orbis erat.<br>
(Rutilius Namatianus - De Reditu Suo, I, 63-66) </p><i></i>
Flavius
aka Giuseppe Cascarino
Decima Legio
Roma, Italy
Hi Caius here , Sorry for the time delau Flavius but I have been busy. I am setting up a Yahoo Group so that members of both Legions can post pics and exchange info. As I am not very comptuer savy it will take a couple of weeks for me to set it up and post pics. I will let you know when its ready. Please feel free to jion the group when its ready and please feel free to post pics from your group write info and such. Take care Cheers Thom/Caius <p></p><i></i>