Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxbow Sale
More interesting titles in the newest Oxbow sale and some interesting discounts on new books too.

Simon James' report on Dura Europos now only £9.95, the excavation report on Binchester (iast to 4th century) now only £6.95. The Roman Army in Jordan (forget the author!!) about £10.

Some new books on textiles too, plus texts and translations.

www.oxbowbooks.com
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:The Roman Army in Jordan (forget the author!!) about £10.
My former supervisor, D. L. Kennedy(!). Good book too (especially if, like me, you've got the first edition, where the colour plates were all reversed ;-) )

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Oxbow's 2013 Summer Bargain's catalogue arrived in the post yesterday - some amazing savings again, this time on texts, particularly for Later Britain (I hesitate to say "Arthur", but there's an eight part series of texts called Arthurian Period Series all for less than £5 - except vols 3 and 5).

Greece not so well covered this time, but pre History and Egypt also have some good bargains.

Enjoy - link same as above.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Argh...just been over the booklet that was in my letter box.. So many books that I'd like to buy and read......Am in Oxford next week- may just stop by....
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things