Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have attempted to change my avatar from the bas relief of the scissor gladiator to something different. However, despite several attempts over the course of a week, the image will not change. I know that many here rarely, if ever, change their profile picture, so this problem has most likely gone unnoticed. Has anyone else had trouble with this, or is this just me somehow?

Respectfully,

Tyler
Tyler

Undergrad student majoring in Social Studies Education with a specialty in world history.

"conare levissimus videri, hostes enimfortasse instrumentis indigeant"
(Try to look unimportant-the enemy might be low on ammunition).
Hi Tyler
Sorry for the late reply, but you seem to have managed to change it now anyway. If it doesn't change immediately, that may be because the system is caching your image.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Don't want to seem like a complete dolt but how does one create / upload / insert an avatar image in the first place? I go into the Edit function on my profile but there seems to be no function for doing this, or for updating the other information (location, gender, etc.) either. What am I doing wrong?
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Um,,, never mind! I figured it out!
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Tyler wrote:
I have attempted to change my avatar from the bas relief of the scissor gladiator to something different. However, despite several attempts over the course of a week, the image will not change. I know that many here rarely, if ever, change their profile picture, so this problem has most likely gone unnoticed. Has anyone else had trouble with this, or is this just me somehow?

It’s been months since I changed by avatar but when I did it was an exhausting and frustrating experience. The new avatar would not display on numerous attempts then my profile would show the new avatar but my postings still displayed the old one. I simply gave up and then one day the new avatar appeared with my postings. The experience taught me not to change the avatar.
Antiochus,

I know what you mean. When I changed my avatar, the same thing happened. Then, one day, the new avatar began appearing on my posts. I'm certain I've figured it out-- the new avatar must first go through a black hole somewhere on the other side of Uranus (or Myanus), then it lands on a moon designed by James Cameron, rides a six-legged rhino, and finally drops into my posts. Well, truth be said, it does arrive... finally. :-P
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
I never had any problem with my avatar. I recently changed it without any troubles at all. Maybe it's the operating system? Tablet?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Your experience is called 'caching' guys, the website tries to 'remember' (and teach your browser to do so) as much information as possible so it doesn't have to be recreated every time. That saves processing power and download time. The cache expires after a while and then everything is reloaded for you, including a possible new avatar.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine