Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Historical fiction reviewers?
I have a new book, Dead Romans, which is coming out in September.

My publisher asked if I wanted to suggest any people who should get review copies. So I have been looking around for historical fiction bloggers or other publications that do such reviews. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any historical fiction blogs you follow?
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
You could submit your book to the Historical Novel Society Review section:

http://historicalnovelsociety.org/our-re...reviewers/
Groovy. I submitted it. Thanks!
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Epictetus,

You might try the Roman History Reading Group (they have a Face Book page). Quite a few members of this group are either writers, reviewers or both and many maintain blogs with reviews. You might recognize some of the members or even know them

The leader of the group is Irene Hahn who also writes reviews.

I think you might find some interest there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/18647497619/members/

Best of Luck to you.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
That looks very good, and I do recognise some names there. Thanks! I really appreciate it.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Quote:I have a new book, Dead Romans, which is coming out in September.
Looking like an interesting read! Can you tell us a bit more - when does this all take place?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
It takes place in and around Ephesus in 166 AD as Lucius Verus leads the army back from the Parthian War. The book has three semi-independent stories. A shepherd slave boy has to satisfy a new and cruel master or his family will be broken up and sold off. The emperor’s mistress is abused by her father, hated by the nobility and loses her grip on reality. An aspiring writer has to decide to either write a high-profile panegyric for someone he hates or else remain a humble baker.

The three stories are intertwined, and shadowing the whole novel is the Antonine Plague which the army brings back with them from the east. The plague causes havoc, society starts to break down, and there is a rush to flee the city. Lucius’ mistress has the last ship which will leave Ephesus to follow Lucius Verus to Rome, and everyone wants on board.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beta Readers for 5th century Historical Fiction Novel Sam Rowe 1 6,300 06-27-2019, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Justin I
  Historical accuracy in fiction Epictetus 24 4,635 09-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Crispianus