Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making and wearing a Paludamentum - please help
Thanks again very much Graham, Brandon and Cheyenne - great advice Smile

I know this might be improper, but I'm wondering if it's possible or practical for me to make just one cloak and have the option of wearing it three different ways -

I'd like to be able to wear it as you've described a typical paludamentum - just like in M.Val Brutus' and Graham's avatar - folded neatly with pleats and hanging or pinned ONLY on the left shoulder, and then perhaps I'd carry it over my left arm. Secondly - I'd like to be able to wear it like a sagum - worn over the left shoulder, pinned on my right shoulder, and mostly folded back over the left shoulder and arm - so it mostly hangs behind me and partially covers my left side. And finally - I'd like to be able to wear it centered and hanging in the back - probably with me pinning it to my harness on both shoulders.

Will this be possible to wear it in all three of these ways, and would you therefore recommend I make an elongated half-octagon or half-circle shape, or should I instead use a plain rectangle shape? Thanks again very much everybody Smile

Adam

Messages In This Thread
Making and wearing a Paludamentum - please help - by Adam - 09-13-2013, 08:11 PM