Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite modern military unit
At heart I really am a redneck, which means I am a large supporter of our troops. I am curious whether or not users of this web site are interested in modern military. It would be fun to hear what your favorite units are. Give examples like, "French foreign legion".
My personal favorite is the US Army Rangers.
AVLVS GALERIVS PRISCVS-Charlie Broder
Hello I am new. My favorite unit is the US Marine Corps, which I plan on joining as an officer. Worldwide is the Israeli Military and Spetnaz from Israel and Russia.
Vedi, Vidi, Vici.
Brandon Pretty
If you also like pickup trucks we have a the same interest
SEALS, followed by SAS.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Spetznaz. Driving a tank through a school to take out Terrorists is pretty badass. They don't negotiate in Hostage situations.

Followed closely by the Israeli special forces guys, they're the ones who blew up that car full of Iranian Nuclear Scientists. Just like Russia, Israel doesn't put up with that shit.
While it is not particularly a modern military unit in itself, I would like to share Mad Jack with you all, just in case you haven't heard. The dudes a total badass.
I personaly love the Canadian JTF. Basicaly the all in one special forces. Unlike the USA, Canada's air force, Navy, and Army are all united in one cohesive force so instead of having a special forces unit from each branch we have the one which can fill any role. One of the best in the world, and one of the more secretive. (hence why few people have even heard of them vs SAS, Seals, etc)
David C
I like every military unit as long as they fight for good reasons, for some reason the army rangers speak to me and I want to join once I am old enough but I like all of the groups y'all are talking about
Hi Priscvs,

You may want to check out this forum: http://ancientreenacting.proboards.com/

They are American based and I believe there are quite a few US servicemen engaged in that forum as well. It needs a membership application, but I am pretty sure they will accept you, being based in the USA yourself.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Thank you for the offer! But I have had a lot of conversations with servicemen about modern equipment recently. Thank you for the offer though.
Well, it is not for me to offer, as I am just a member there. These guys are into Ancient Re-enacting, so it is all about Romans and Greeks, not much modern hardware there.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
My favorite, http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/a...3-67ar.htm :grin: They were part of the 2nd Armored Div. in my day.
Of course I do
Vedi, Vidi, Vici.
Brandon Pretty
If you mean pick up trucks what is your favorite? I like the chevy 2500hd