Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reenacting with Disabilities?
Had a close call with an electric chain saw today. I put about a 1.5" (4cm) cut in my left index finger. A tenth of a second of using bad tool technique and zap! Red juice all over the hand, and a fairly ugly bandage on it for now. Could have been a lot worse!

But I couldn't hold a scutum right now very well at all.

It will get better. But it hurts like the dickens right now (especially when I bump it into something). :?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:One thing of course no Roman groups do is to admit women into the ranks unlike the sealed knot and Napoleonic association. Breasts are therefore a complete disability.

<p></p><i></i>

Not true! Take a look at the following video: The old fat guy (me) stands out way more the than our female member!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUOk3PcQ ... vus07.html
No one in the crowd noticed or cared that one of our group was female.
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
Quote:Electrical Leg? I never heard from anything like that

Yeah, he has to recharge every night.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Well, in the Cohors Prima gallica we have some women, and I would say they have got the things better for reenacting. If they want to be muddy, dirty soldiers, they can. If they want to be "high society" ladies, they can.

Most of us we´ll never be other thing than dirty soldiers :lol:

About reenacting with disabilities (when not wearing glasses, it is sometimes...), one ex-teacher it´s in a starting roman cavalry group. He has an extremely high shortsightedness, so usually, he´s the photographer (a rather valuablle), or while dressed in kit, a static guard.

My brother played "Miles Gloriosus" also without glasses, with the same problem in that case, disposable contact lenses are ideal.
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
AVETE,
I am glad to see that you have not problem with womens in male roles :-) -) -) )

vale and best regards
Radka Hlavacova A.K.A Titvs Iventivs Martivs
Tesserarivs Legio IIII FF
Castra Romana, Czech republic
"Concordia militvm"
I also would like to express a great respect to all handicaped who participate in reenactment and who is interested in living history :-) )

best regards and gods with you, fraters from all around the world :-) )
Radka Hlavacova A.K.A Titvs Iventivs Martivs
Tesserarivs Legio IIII FF
Castra Romana, Czech republic
"Concordia militvm"