Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets us not forget
Just a very big thank you to all who were there 70 years ago. Each and every one played their part. Europe owes you all.
I can add nothing else, maybe others can............

kevin
Kevin
Well put Kevin. As an American I have a slightly different perspective but, all the same, I still hold that immense amount of respect and pride for my countrymen and those that fought alongside them. To quote Thucydides:

"Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war."
"The strong did what they could, the weak suffered what they must."

- Thucydides

Sean Cantrell
Northern Michigan
Amen.
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
And my Dad was one of them - spent the night before D-Day diffusing Teller mines on beach obstacles, feeling for them with his bare feet. Reminds me forcibly of something I read on the back of a car: "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English - thank a soldier!" Ave et vale!

Mike Thomas
(Caratacus)
visne scire quod credam? credo orbes volantes exstare.
As rome knew strongly enough, a powerful military is key to the success of a country. That is why I dearly hope I get into West Point. I have no chance if Hillary wins though.
AVLVS GALERIVS PRISCVS-Charlie Broder

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  forget romans, lets do crusades Chuck Russell 14 3,674 03-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Hibernicus
  lets do something other than romans.... Chuck Russell 17 2,777 04-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat