Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Travel
If this was possible, please name a place, date and reason why you would want to go there.
Mine is Isca Dunomniorum/Exeter, AD 61..to find out exactly what II AVG were dressed and equipped with and to find out why they never went to Paulinus's aid.
Kevin
Kevin
June 26, 363 CE and the battle of samarra. I'd make sure Julian Ii took his mail armor with him as he chased the enemy. Or just tell him to stay put, forget about the Sassanians and get on with his reforms and create a stable empire Smile
Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]
October 19th, 439 AD. I'd make sure the city of Carthage kept it's gates shut, preventing Gaiseric from entering and preventing the fall of Africa.

Oh, and I'd probably bring a gun and shoot Gaiseric while I was at it.
The day before Pompey was dumb enough to get Caesar declared an enemy of Rome to show him exactly how successful he would be in civil war to prevent him from jeopardizing the Republic if I get to return to my own world and it just creates an alternate history scenario that has the republic surviving.

Otherwise how could I chose Dr? Why not just lend your tardis so I could go to the Roman Empire more than once and see more than one era of Roman history?
Dan
if I would only have 1 pick and 1 day probably I would like to see Decebalus dying so I get the best (or worst) out of romans and dacians too in 106
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
61 AD, Paulinus' vanguard scouts to find out where they met the hoards of Britons :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
20 BC, Alexandria, Egypt. With luck, ten years would be enough time to copy the entirety of Alexandria's great library and preserve it's collection before the inevitable fire and it's destruction. If someone can bring a gun to Carthage, I'd have a Xerox machine as well. :-P
-Ryan

-Cave a sinistra manu utebatur pro bellator.
June 27, 1914, kidnap Gavrilo Princip and see what happens.

Ed.: Well, I'd have to hire a couple "assistants." I don't know anything about Mr. Princip but it's safe to assume he could beat me up.
Dan D'Silva

Far beyond the rising sun
I ride the winds of fate
Prepared to go where my heart belongs,
Back to the past again.

--  Gamma Ray

Well, I'm tough, rough, ready and I'm able
To pick myself up from under this table...

--  Thin Lizzy

Join the Horde! - http://xerxesmillion.blogspot.com/
Quote: to find out where they met the hoards of Britons

Be sure to take a GPS device of some sort. Not too many roadsigns around back then, and it would be embarrassing to return to present day with only a description of the location (there was a defile... and some trees... maybe a plain?... erm...)

It'd go back to Rome on the 28th of October, AD312. No particular reason... ;-)
Nathan Ross
Quote:It'd go back to Rome on the 28th of October, AD312. No particular reason... ;-)

a BRIDGE game maybe?
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Quote:Be sure to take a GPS device of some sort. Not too many roadsigns around back then...
I'd look for roadsigns sooner than for that GPS to start working Smile
Dan D'Silva

Far beyond the rising sun
I ride the winds of fate
Prepared to go where my heart belongs,
Back to the past again.

--  Gamma Ray

Well, I'm tough, rough, ready and I'm able
To pick myself up from under this table...

--  Thin Lizzy

Join the Horde! - http://xerxesmillion.blogspot.com/
Tough question, so many opportunities.....

August 1, 216BC, to prevent the Romans from engaging at Cannae.
M.VAL.BRUTUS
Brandon Barnes
Legio VI Vicrix
www.legionsix.org
Moi Watson wrote....."61 AD, Paulinus' vanguard scouts to find out where they met the hoards of Britons :wink: "
There would be no "Boudicca" thread.....................how nice would that be Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Quote:sooner than for that GPS to start working

Ah yes... It would have to be an interdimensional GPS, capable of bending time and space to take readings from satellites that hadn't been invented yet... :whistle:
Nathan Ross
44 BC to replace Brutus in his glory :evil: