Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wine cup used by Pericles found north of Athens
Hi Jass,

Quote:I'm not fooled by anything, I'm making an important statement as to what we know of the culture of classical Athens. The comparison with modern names is facile and unwarranted actually given the different parameters:. It's is nice that your mother is named after three queens to whom, I assume, she is not related to directly and that two of those names are Semitic while you and your family (assumptions) are Germanic but you don't get patterns like necessarily.

I like the discussion but I also like it when my arguments are being read. There are as important as yours are, right?
My example (Vortigern) was immediately post-Roman britain. So your argument about comparison with modern names is not to the point.
The modern example was of course tongue in cheek. Oh and, it's my sister who I mentioned, not my mother.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Messages In This Thread
Wine cup used by Pericles found north of Athens - by Robert Vermaat - 08-06-2014, 11:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there any additional information on the Attic helmet found in Athens? Corvus 0 310 02-13-2022, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Corvus
  Age of Pericles Greek Missile units MikeArledge 2 1,595 02-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Last Post: MikeArledge