Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Kit and a Legion for Beginners
Hello! I'm a recent member to these forum boards and after a year and a half of researching, watching videos, and gathering other interested individuals I decided to throw my full weight in and begin doing the pricey process of getting some kit together and training/Drilling. I so far have a tunic, a plain leather balteus, gladius and Caligae from Soul Of the Warrior (Not much yet but hopefully expanding my kit as often as I can)

We are wanting a late 1st century, early-mid 2nd century impression for Legio XIII Gemina

I have one other person involved in this process and my girlfriend is interested in being both Legionnaire or Auxillary. She will be making most of her kit from scratch and once she creates her tunic, caligae, and purchases a gladius we'll begin drilling and learning commands before recruiting others.

But the questions I have are; was this a good place to start? Should we get a -basic- "uniform" and training experience before creating or recruiting for a group? Should we have waited for more members? Or should we simply join an established Midwest legion and learn the ropes of both reenactment and Roman Leadership first?

Also! Are Soul Of the Warrior products credible? They seem to have a enormous selection and it seems like it's a one stop shop for everything a reenactor could need. Almost too good to be true......... :?

Thank you for reading the ramblings of a newbie!

Messages In This Thread
Getting Kit and a Legion for Beginners - by Joe Quinn - 08-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Getting Kit and a Legion for Beginners - by Steven - 11-12-2014, 11:06 PM