Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPQR series on German TV
My SPQR series of Roman mysteries is being developed for German television by Zum Goldenen Lamm Filmproduktion partnered with H&V Entertainment of Munich. I don't have a schedule yet, but I'm hoping it will get before the cameras soon and be on television in Germany sometime in 2015.
Pecunia non olet
Congratulations! I remember reading your first SPQR book in German when I still lived in Germany in the early 90s and have read all your other works since then. I hope they will do a good job and won't be too stingy on production values. German TV usually doesn't have the financial resources US tv has, but it has gotten better (thanks to CGI etc., too).
Aka
Christoph
Wow - many congratulations Smile
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Thanks, all. I would have preferred BBC or HBO, but they weren't knocking on my door and ZGLF was.
Pecunia non olet
Hi John! When you should come to Munich lmk, so we can have a beer. =)
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Fantastic. I wish I spoke enough German to make it make sense to me.
Quote:Fantastic. I wish I spoke enough German to make it make sense to me.

well if you send Christian or me a beer we can translate it for you Wink

I am sure there will be an DVD version with English translation
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
So how is it looking on that one? Didn't saw anything in the TV yet Wink
The project is now up on the ZGL website and I'm told that they're now looking toward filming in 2016 and are in talks with HBO. Things always move frustratingly slowly in the tv//film business, then they move very fast. I'll keep you posted on developments.
Pecunia non olet
That's indeed good news!
What's your opinion on their ideas about accuracy, I mean story as well as equipment?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)