Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centurion article
I have uploaded my 'Centurion' article, originally published in Military Illustrated (now sadly defunct), here. The material will be familiar to most readers, but I have appended a full list of source refs. 'Head-Hunting Roman Cavalry', with refs, to follow in a day or two.

Cheers,
Thanks!!
Plus a twenty odd year old painting of mine! :o

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:Plus a twenty odd year old painting of mine! :o

Graham, did it appear in an earlier issue of MI, or a related publication?
Hi Ross

MI Issue 81 1995. The original painting was given away in a competition by the magazine.

I thought you had used another image of mine of a centurion or was that another article?

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:I thought you had used another image of mine of a centurion or was that another article?

Hi Graham,

You'll probably remember that your excellent reconstruction of Lorarius Minucius (For the Glory of Rome) was used in the AW promo brochure, and the splendid Late Roman centurion (also prepared for For the Glory of Rome) reappeared in the Milvian Bridge article for Military History Monthly. Insus, the Lancaster cavalryman, featured in 'Head-Hunting Roman Cavalry' (Mil. Illus.).

Cheers,

Ross
That's very generous of you, Ross; thank you. Looking forward to reading the head-hunting cavalry one, too. It is just a shame I can't prove scalping... Wink
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
(11-05-2014, 12:49 PM)Ross Cowan Wrote: I have uploaded my 'Centurion' article, originally published in Military Illustrated (now sadly defunct), here. The material will be familiar to most readers, but I have appended a full list of source refs. 'Head-Hunting Roman Cavalry', with refs,  to follow in a day or two.

Cheers,

New link for Centurion.

R!
That is a great article. Thank you for uploading your work!

Scott