Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Show your gladius off!!!!!!!!!!!
The gladius is very nice. I like the falx too. Good workmanship to both of the makers!
Regards, Jason
Gladius and pugio by Mr. Mark Morrow of Morrow's Blade & Blacksmith shop

[attachment=11280]Gladius-II.JPG[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

-Ryan

-Cave a sinistra manu utebatur pro bellator.
By the way, I've had several people tell me if you're going to get a Pilum, just get one from Mark Morrow. It's lighter than the Deepeeka and only a little bit more expensive.
Speaking of, I've got one of his I was thinking of posting, but I didn't think it was an 'edged weapon'. :oops:
-Ryan

-Cave a sinistra manu utebatur pro bellator.
They look beautiful. Mark Morrow does good work! I have not seen a gladius handle on a pugio before, and it looks interesting. Good equipment! Smile
Regards, Jason
Does anyone else want to show off their pretty Roman weapons? Mine will be up soon, hopefully.
Regards, Jason
Quote:Gladius and pugio by Mr. Mark Morrow of Morrow's Blade & Blacksmith shop

[attachment=11280]Gladius-II.JPG[/attachment]

Seeing those two together just reinforces my theory that the Mainz is nothing more than a lengthened pugio. Beautiful stuff.
A new model of a Vindonissa type Gladius. Suggestions welcome.
[attachment=11426]DSC_9166.JPG[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alright guys let's move on now!

Nice sword. Are soldered suspension rings accurate?
Samuel J.
Gagan, the bone handle is bad shaped as ever. Too long and poorly carved. The rest it's quite good.
As requested I split the discussion ABOUT the gladius from this thread to a new one. By all means continue there.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:A new model of a Vindonissa type Gladius. Suggestions welcome.

Suggestions welcome but NOT here - make another thread in the section about product development.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Those are beautiful. Did Morrow make the scabbards as well? I was under the impression he only forged the blades.
Mark makes basic scabbards and at good prices too. Make sure you look at all the pics on his website.
Joe Balmos
If you want a totally beautiful Gladius or Pugio, I nominate Phil McKay. He made my Pugio and it is the most beautiful piece of my kit. The work he did on it was 100% superb. I love that Pugio so much. I also know that he makes some pretty awesome Gladii as well. His products are masterpieces. He is here on RAT, so you could send him a PM. He uses the name Marcellus as his username and is a really nice guy. I would recommend him to anyone seeking a beautiful and accurate piece of Roman weaponry.
Regards, Jason

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladius discussion (was: show your gladius off) Crispvs 47 9,299 02-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  show off your gladius TITVS PVLLO 138 47,917 02-12-2013, 03:47 AM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake