Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Army School 2015
The 2015 Roman Army School is to be held at St Chad's College, Durham, between the 28th and 31st March. The length of the School has been shortened to keep the cost down but the free afternoon on the Monday has been done away with, so as not to lose too much lecture time. The format is altered in that this year there is a fixed theme, as opposed to the somewhat eclectic mix of previous years. There is the opportunity to join the Hadrianic Society coach trip to Hadrian's Wall on the Saturday, although this will probably involve staying at the College on the Friday evening. Anyone interested in this should contact the Society's treasurer, Helen Gawthrop. Booking forms and further information can be obtained from the Hadrianic Society as stated on the flier below. Anyone who would have used the free Monday afternoon to explore Durham or the locality may be able to stay over for an extra night and should contact Helen Gawthrop to see what can be arranged. I will post details of the programme when available. I hope to see some of you there.

[attachment=11276]RASFlier2015.pdf[/attachment]

Attached Files
.pdf   RASFlier2015.pdf (Size: 661.42 KB / Downloads: 0)
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
This is the provisional programme. It is subject to change, so I will let you know of any alterations that I become aware of.

[attachment=11292]RAS2015-ProvisionalProgramme.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Michael King Macdona

A sharp-eyed member of another forum has pointed out that the year is incorrectly stated on the programme. For the avoidance of doubt (as we lawyers say), the School runs from the 28th to the 31st March 2015!
Michael King Macdona

The Roman Army School is up and running but latecomers are still welcome. If you would like to attend but thought that you had missed the boat, you have not. Details, booking forms, etc. can be found on the Hadrianic Society website (www.hadrianicsociety.com).
Michael King Macdona

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Army School, Durham, 2024 Renatus 0 479 11-18-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Renatus
  Roman Army School, Durham, 2023 Renatus 1 523 12-28-2022, 08:12 AM
  Roman Army School, Durham, 2020 Renatus 1 7,693 01-10-2020, 05:36 PM