Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JRMES 14/15 and 16
Quote:Any opinions or alternative suggestions?
At the rate it goes today, how about restoring Hadrian's Wall? Smile
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:
mcbishop post=364121 Wrote:Any opinions or alternative suggestions?
At the rate it goes today, how about restoring Hadrian's Wall? Smile
One of the Dacre family seriously considered it in the 16th century ;-)

I think we have probably had the last of the big donations (I knew two were coming, but the other and three middle-sized ones were surprises) so progress is probably going to be slower from hereon in, but it is important to concentrate on getting in the 'normal-sized' contributions.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Quote: . . . the number of subscribers is more important than the sum of money in many ways because it needs to have a viable subscription base to fund it into the future.
I subscribed before and would do again, if that is any help.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
First Congrats about it,

would be interested in leather finds mostly and of course artillery lol
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Quote:Well, we have burst through our funding goal and still have 19 days to run on the campaign, so it's time to start thinking about stretch goals. Any opinions or alternative suggestions?

That is great news! Congrats

Such a luxury problem… how about the JRMES monograph of ROMEC XVIII? This allows to get various volumes published, while having more time to accumulate subscribers.
If I had the money to give I would have donated to have my name in the back (actually I would have put the name of our reenactment group probably).

Really what you need to do is that once JRMES is up and running, your best bet is probably to go to notable history forums and make announcements (with permission of their moderation staff). Make a facebook page for the journal. The more people that see it, the more potential for subscribers.
Quote:That is great news! Congrats

Such a luxury problem… how about the JRMES monograph of ROMEC XVIII? This allows to get various volumes published, while having more time to accumulate subscribers.
Thanks. The ROMEC XVIII proceedings are actually lined up as the JRMES volume for 2016 (either as JRMES 17 or perhaps as a new series Volume 1). It's going to be a big chunky one (with colour, like 16) so I think it might be too ambitious to try and get one small and two big volumes out with those resources. Two small and one big is doable, however.

Mike Bishop

Quote:Really what you need to do is that once JRMES is up and running, your best bet is probably to go to notable history forums and make announcements (with permission of their moderation staff). Make a facebook page for the journal. The more people that see it, the more potential for subscribers.
Indeed, these days social media are very important, but I'm not going to overlook word of mouth either ;-)

Mike Bishop

Time for a reminder that less than two weeks remains on the JRMES Indiegogo campaign. Remember, there are two volumes of the journal (14/15 and 16) and two issues of Arma included (at various costs for various formats) designed to suit every pocket (and/or bookshelf) and one thing is for sure: you will not be able to buy these as cheaply after publication!

There are still only two US contributors (according to the data that Indiegogo supply me) out of a total of 50, but I'm hoping for a last-minute rush from the other side of the pond ;-)

Mike Bishop

Time for a reminder that there are just 6 days left to contribute to the JRMES Indiegogo campaign.

Mike Bishop

Oops...it had slipped my mind.

I'll do it this evening.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I hope you have better luck than I did. It wouldn't let me go to 'Payout'.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Quote:I hope you have better luck than I did. It wouldn't let me go to 'Payout'.
If anyone in the UK would prefer to send me a cheque and I then pay online for them, I've done it for a couple of others already, but it will have to be with me before the deadline. If so, PM me.

Mike Bishop

Sent you a PM
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
The thirty days are up and JRMES is funded for a year. However, we still have less than 70 subscribers and that's not enough for long-term viability, so some work is still needed to boost the subscriber base. Never mind: we are up and running and that's what matters.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us, and attached is the final breakdown of nationalities who contributed. Yes, it really surprised me too!

I've taken advantage of Indiegogo's InDemand programme to keep the JRMES campaign web page open for a little longer whilst we set up an account for ARMES which means you have a little longer to take advantage of the prices offered there.

Mike Bishop

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)