Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~| Augustine\'s Introduction |~
Good evening gentlemen,

My name is Augustine & I am from the United States although I can claim decent to Malavita. Near the ancient Roman city of Croton in the modern province of Calabria. I read and ponder about my ancestral homeland and wish to one day to go there and revere what the ancients left behind. I am very interested in ancient coinage and have established a very small, but proud none the less, collection of some Roman and Celtic coins. Unfortunately, I have only been to Arabia Petraea of the Roman Empire; a province on the outskirts of the empire. I visited Petra, which was profound I loved the experience. Which perhaps fueled my interest in ancient history. Although I wished to visit Bosra; the provincial capital, due to modern conflicts and the civil war it was not recommended to proceed North.

I have read many posts here on Roman Army Talk and envy your knowledge on the topic of ancient history and warfare. I wish to further my knowledge whilst I am here and perhaps I'd like to pursue a course of the matter in University.

Thank you for reading my post and I look forward to getting to know you. Smile

Augustine Celestino
Augustine J. Celestino
Well welcome to the forum Augustine Smile Hope you will have a great time!
Regards, Jason
Greetings Augustine and welcome to the Forum.

There are a few members who add to our discussions by highlighting the evidence from coinage and it is great to have another numismatist on the team Smile
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Hey Jason, I appreciate the warm welcome friend. :grin:
- Augustine
Augustine J. Celestino
Greetings Vindex,

That sounds quite interesting actually! I'd love to share my limited knowledge and learn even more about it. Could you direct me to the discussion when you have the time? Thank you for the warm greeting. Wink

Regards,

Augustine
Augustine J. Celestino