Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a General Greek greaves
Looks far better than most (if not all) other off-the-shelf greaves. They seem to fit way better than the DSC pair I bought a while back. Will these be available in bronze as well as brass? Thanks for the additional photos.

-Skriletz
A bronze option would be welcome.
Joe Balmos
Those look quite good.
As for made to fit skinny legs, well, they need to wrap around thicker legs too, or they will pop off. Problem with greaves is that re not really a one size fits all piece of kit.
But these look good.
Will there be any option for people to order made to measure, Gagan?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
No- we are doing only brass- no bronze
No- no made to measure- we are not geared up for that type of production runs and quality controls.

I am glad these have been appreciated, and as always, will offer to first 10 pairs to members of cb and RAT.

Please let me know by pm or otherwise,nit u are interested, and I can send you a price quote.

Regards

Gagan
The greaves have been launched. The deepeeka code is AH6140 and the link to the site: http://deepeeka.in/products-catalog/new-...-pair.html

Please get in touch with your local distributor.
Looks pretty good.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
(06-28-2016, 08:46 AM)Dan Howard Wrote: Looks pretty good.

Thank you for your appreciation

(07-29-2015, 05:35 PM)Gaius Julius Caesar Wrote: Those look quite good.
As for made to fit skinny legs, well, they need to wrap around thicker legs too, or they will pop off. Problem with greaves is that re not really a one size fits all piece of kit.
But these look good.
Will there be any option for people to order made to measure, Gagan?

Dear Bryon

I am sorry, it cannot be custom made and fitted. Even if I do, the expensie of shipping will kill us all. And then if there is a problem of fitting, we will not know what to do

Gagan
So are these available anywhere yet?
Giannis K. Hoplite
a.k.a.:Giannis Kadoglou
a.k.a.:Thorax
[Image: -side-1.gif]
(08-21-2016, 07:06 PM)Giannis K. Hoplite Wrote: So are these available anywhere yet?

Sure, you can place orders with your closest distributor for these. We have been shipping these.

Gagan
I am going to be attempting to make these. Stay tuned.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greek Greaves? Doc 4 2,329 03-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Doc
  Instructional on making a Greek Xiphos scabbard joeandmich 0 1,787 07-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Last Post: joeandmich
  Greek Greaves Padding Thingy Athena Areias 14 4,870 04-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar