Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Anglian Archaeology Report no 5
Anyone have this I'm looking for an article or part of one that I think might be in it....

Full details:
East Anglian Archaeology No.5, 1977 Norfolk, various papers: Roman roads and placed deposits, Brampton Roman pottery kiln, excavations at Roman Scole, aerial photographic surveys
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
Bump... still looking... would appreciate any assistance Confusedmile:
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
You may have to buy it. Try here:
http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&...20no%25205
It doesn't seem wildly expensive.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Thanks but rather hoping that someone has a copy available as I'm only interested in a few pages, unfortunately I dont know which but will be the ones dealing with Roman leather found in a well possibly from Scole? ;-)
Ivor

http://suffolkinstitute.pdfsrv.co.uk/cus...%20286.pdf

Plate V?
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
Thanks Matt unfortunately its not the one...
What I'm looking for is a report and drawing of fragmented shoe remains of "Welzheim" type C, on these there is often a semi circular decoration similar to this....

[attachment=12060]Harlownewversionblackdetail.jpg[/attachment]

It may not be in this volume though, but I'm pretty certain its in a very early EAA report.... Report No 5 seems the most likely...
Ivor

Have you tried ADS?

http://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk/archives/
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
ADS was the First stop Big Grin I'm amazed to be honest that these old volumes haven't yet been digitised or should I say as far as I know...
Ivor

Perhaps your library might be able to request it via interlibrary loan?
~Sarah Collins, professional glass bead nerd specializing in pre-1200AD replicas.
Etsy: Heart of Oak Crafts
Thanks for all your suggestions belatedly... the report is now online... unfortunatly its not what i'm after so I clearly have a poor memory, however it does include a few roman shoes from a well find from Scole...

http://eaareports.org.uk/publication/report5/
Ivor