Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greek and Roman Armour Day
I'll look forward to it. We'll have to work out how we're all going to recognise each other.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Indeed. I might be wearing a segmented helmet . . .
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
If you're serious, that would provide a rallying point!
Michael King Macdona

Now I am tempted - shame I don't have a draco standard . . .
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
Well, if there's more than one female going to be there I may make a draco Smile
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:Well, if there's more than one female going to be there I may make a draco Smile
You'll have to be prepared to run across Russell Square with it to prove that it hisses in the appropriate fashion :-)
Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Hi

I shall be going too, so will look forward to meeting other RATers.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Got my tickets too. Now, just have to get to London somehow...
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Quote:Now, just have to get to London somehow...
I would start hitching now, if I were you!
Michael King Macdona

Quote:
Vindex post=365586 Wrote:Well, if there's more than one female going to be there I may make a draco Smile
You'll have to be prepared to run across Russell Square with it to prove that it hisses in the appropriate fashion :-)
Mike Bishop

Careful, I like a challenge!!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
This event is not far off now, who is going?

I will be in Euston on the Sunday evening if anyone wants to meet up before the event.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Look for a short(ish) balding guy with a beard. Not wearing any form of armour, though!
visne scire quod credam? credo orbes volantes exstare.
I am planning to also be there with a pal of mine. If there is any plan of meeting up before or after the event for a drink or something, I would be delighted to come.
Macedon
Forum rules
George C. K.
῾Ηρακλῆος γὰρ ἀνικήτου γένος ἐστέ
I shall be going down on the train that morning, so no chance of meeting on the Sunday evening, I'm afraid. Graham knows me but, for those who do not, I am grey-haired, have gold-rimmed glasses and will most probably be wearing a khaki gilet. I may also wear the ring-buckled belt that I reserve for Roman-themed occasions.

Incidentally, I have received a message from the Hellenic and Roman Societies that an exhibition of some of Peter Connolly's paintings under the title of Peter Connolly's Art of War is being held in the Combined Classics Library in the Senate House until the end of the month and that those attending this event will have the opportunity of seeing it.
Michael King Macdona

I'm hoping to attend, although I'll have to miss the morning session and arrive about midday.
Nathan Ross