Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Coins......
Does anyone know of a site which can help me identify or find out information on 2 Roman coins that I have? I have 2 clear pictures of each coin, front and back that I scanned in, if someone wants to take a peak at them.<br>
<br>
Thanks, <p>Tiberius Lantanius Magnus<BR>
CO/Optio,<BR>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<BR>
(Matt)</p><i></i>
Hi Matt,<br>
Can you read the text on them?<br>
A nice introduction is Klawans, ANcient Greek & Roman Coins(NY 1995), 288p. <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Pardon, but scanned them in where? There are hundreds of Roman coin sites, if I can get a look at them I could probably point you in the right direction.<br>
<br>
Best,<br>
<br>
John <p></p><i></i>
Jasper and John,<br>
<br>
Can I maybe contact you off this board and e-mail you the pics that I scanned? They are rather large files because I scanned them in at 300% thier original size, as well as added in the inscriptions on the coins in plain text at the bottom of the picture. If this is ok, e-mail me at:<br>
[email protected] <br>
<br>
I believe each file was around 700 k or so. Thanks! <p>Tiberius Lantanius Magnus<BR>
CO/Optio,<BR>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<BR>
(Matt)</p><i></i>
For anyone else who's interested, I've sent Matt the following link to help him in identifying his coins of Severus Alexander and Victorinus. There's a great deal of Roman history in these sites as well as Roman coinage:<br>
<br>
Educational Websites about Roman Coins<br>
Address:www.math.montana.edu/~ums...links.html<br>
<br>
Best regards,<br>
<br>
John<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anglo Saxon Coins - Roman and Historical Coins???????? Ironhand 6 2,221 12-07-2007, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Ironhand