Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Start, looking for information and advice.
I don't have a budget, but again, I don't want to buy a piece for twice the average price unless it's really stellar compared to the average one and will make a notable difference in my kit.

I suppose it doesn't have to be all at once, I certainly could though.
Well, from my experience, there are 2 different ways to complete equipment (in fact you will never say you have everything becasue all the time there is something new you want Tongue )

1. Buy everything in India in deepeeka or any other hindi store. You will have everything at once for let's say a fair price. Tempting, right?
But there are downsides of this. First of all it's one-way deal. I mean, after some time you will want to change some part for better one but no one will buy used hindi eq for a fair price. Second thing is a quality. Not saying about any specific manufacturer but helmet bowl stamped in pots factory or a sword simply cut out from a plate? Lower price does not come for free.

2. My type approach. It's better to get high quality items with higher cost and it will take a long time. For example, why should I buy deepeeka hindi Koblenz for 250Ł if I can get save that money, survive one season without a helmet, collect some more money and order some high quality helmet for 350Ł? Or if I want a bow, should I buy it right away for 100$ but really medicore one, or maybe it's better to get professional one for 300$ which will live longer than me and which I can sell for the same price even after 2 years?

Like I said, I prefer to invest for money in one piece instead of buying everything at once but with way lower quality. That approach means that you will gather your eq a way slower (for example I still don't have a helmet yet Im far away from ordering hindi, low quality one) but once you do, it will be really great one. But it choice we all have to made. Cheaper, faster with lower quality but almost instant vs more expensive, long queue but damn good quality withut losing value over time.

As for the average price, well I'd say there are 2 types of prices: hindi and custom made. So you either go for hindi and custom. There is no average. You either get 250$ hindi helmet or 500$ custom made helmet and it's up to you to decide if you want it now but cheaper with low quality or you can live without for a while, collect more money and get cutom one.
Damian
(02-05-2016, 03:35 PM)AustralianMagic Wrote: Well, from my experience, there are 2 different ways to complete equipment (in fact you will never say you have everything becasue all the time there is something new you want Tongue )

1. Buy everything in India in deepeeka or any other hindi store. You will have everything at once for let's say a fair price. Tempting, right?
But there are downsides of this. First of all it's one-way deal. I mean, after some time you will want to change some part for better one but no one will buy used hindi eq for a fair price. Second thing is a quality. Not saying about any specific manufacturer but helmet bowl stamped in pots factory or a sword simply cut out from a plate?  Lower price does not come for free.

2. My type approach. It's better to get high quality items with higher cost and it will take a long time. For example, why should I buy deepeeka hindi Koblenz for 250Ł if I can get save that money, survive one season without a helmet, collect some more money and order some high quality helmet for 350Ł? Or if I want a bow, should I buy it right away for 100$ but really medicore one, or maybe it's better to get professional one for 300$ which will live longer than me and which I can sell  for the same price even after 2 years?

Like I said, I prefer to invest for money in one piece instead of buying everything at once but with way lower quality. That approach means that you will gather your eq a way slower (for example I still don't have a helmet yet Im far away from ordering hindi, low quality one) but once you do, it will be really great one. But it choice we all have to made. Cheaper, faster with lower quality but almost instant vs more expensive, long queue but damn good quality withut losing value over time.

As for the average price, well I'd say there are 2 types of prices: hindi and custom made. So you either go for hindi and custom. There is no average. You either get 250$ hindi helmet or 500$ custom made helmet and it's up to you to decide if you want it now but cheaper with low quality or you can live without for a while, collect more money and get cutom one.

Well said, sir. I see your point. Is it basically inevitable that if I stick with the hobby that I will be unsatisfied with the Hindi made products? If so I totally see your point, and would like to buy things right the first time as opposed to spending more by buying twice. Also could you provide some links for this said custom gear?
You know, there are hindi things which are quite all right like chain mails or even segmentata. They don't have any decorations etc so there is nothing to screw Smile

But for example shoes have to be made by a great craftsman so they won't collapse after 2 years. I know that this guy makes great quality shoes. Depends on type but prices are about 100-200$ I'd say. https://www.facebook.com/marcin.osojca?fref=ts

As for the helmets, well you must chose between hindi rich helmets but low quality or poorer ones but with higher quality like Christes, Worms, Burgh Castle.
They are the best. You can check some photos of their products - http://pustelak.pl/ Simple helmet with cheekguards, neckguard and noseguard like Burgh or Christes are about 400euro + shipping.
There is so much to show about helmets. If you want to see those helmets (becasue on the page above there are just few), catch me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/damian.karol.9

Same things for swords. If you want just to "have" a sword hindi is fine. But if you'd like to hit something from time to time and fight, I'd rather order something custom.
Damian