Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lacus Curtius
Quote:If you go back to 2004 or so you can access some of the site, later on it says something about Unicode being necessary to view the site, maybe that has something to do with it?

2005 https://web.archive.org/web/200502070407.../index.asp

maybe some use?

Oh nice, thanks. They posted quite a bit more content after that, but this is definitely better than nothing.
You're probably right about Unicode being part of the problem with the later versions.
Quote:They posted quite a bit more content after that, but this is definitely better than nothing.
They?! It's he - Bill Thayer - who does the whole lot. He regularly gives updates on outages (all outwith his control) on his Twitter feed @LacusCurtius, whether they be scheduled maintenance or DDOS attacks.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Quote:
Justin I post=370278 Wrote:They posted quite a bit more content after that, but this is definitely better than nothing.
They?! It's he - Bill Thayer - who does the whole lot. He regularly gives updates on outages (all outwith his control) on his Twitter feed @LacusCurtius, whether they be scheduled maintenance or DDOS attacks.

Mike Bishop

I was talking about Hittites.info. Sorry, got a little off the beaten path there.
I've been getting this same problem for over a week now - tried Firefox and IE, but nothing doing.

Does anyone have a contact for Bill Thayer? If so - could they PM me?

Ta!
Nathan Ross
Bill Thayer: [email protected]

Tell him your IP address is being blocked. He'll have it fixed.
(10-29-2015, 02:31 PM)Bryan Wrote: Bill Thayer: [email protected]

Thanks - unfortunately (as the address is linked to the site?) I can't get a message through either - instant 'Delivery Status Notification (Failure)...Delivery to the following recipients failed.'

Is there another way to contact him, does anyone know?
Nathan Ross
(10-29-2015, 03:01 PM)Nathan Ross Wrote:
(10-29-2015, 02:31 PM)Bryan Wrote: Bill Thayer: [email protected]

Thanks - unfortunately (as the address is linked to the site?) I can't get a message through either - instant 'Delivery Status Notification (Failure)...Delivery to the following recipients failed.'

Is there another way to contact him, does anyone know?

I had a friend do it, he had no issues using the website. He emailed Bill Thayer, told him the problems I was having, gave him my IP address. After that, it was fixed on my end.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem with Lacus Curtius? Nathan Ross 7 2,395 09-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Renatus