Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"New Procedures" at Academia.edu ??
Hi,
...today I've got my regular Newsletter from "Academia.edu".
Upon trying to log in I got the message:
"Your account was flagged as suspicious, and your reconsideration request is awaiting manual review. We're sorry for any inconvenience."
Any attempts to "get in" have been blocked ever since -- at one time even "showing up" the same silly pics test that "Google Scholar" uses to spice up my life.
Anyone got ideas/news why they changed their policy ??

Greez & Thanks

Simplex

I will not let me be bullied into utilizing "F***book" or "G***** +" at ANY rate.
or
"Just another display of utter IT-incompetence" ??

EDIT: academia.edu has been responding to my reqest at 0:47 MiddleEuropeanTime and unblocked my account again.
So what are we learning from this. Frankly : I dunno.
I just hate repeated "misunderstandings" like that with Google Scholar  --- lets wait and see if academia.edu keeps following this
example. Wasted time by the dozens of hours. Angry
Siggi K.
I got an Email yesterday from academia.edu that they want to call me ad ask about my publishing habits... Weird. Bit I said, OK, go ahead.
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
academia dot edu has been making me uncomfortable lately; they are very keen to take in and host things, but not so keen to let them out without signing in and disabling Javascript, and they do integrate with a lot of other American social networks. I would certainly recommend that people host their papers on their own website, and only link to them from academia.edu, so they are as accessible as possible.
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.