Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Roman Britain' returns!
The old romanbritain.org site has now been refreshed and (mostly) revived:

roman-britain.co.uk

This was always an excellent resource, so I'm glad to see it back. Perhaps unfortunately, the admins have opted for a new pastel colour-scheme in place of the striking green and black of the old site (although I seem to remember somebody here being rather less impressed with the old colours!)
Nathan Ross
(02-16-2016, 12:15 AM)Nathan Ross Wrote: The old romanbritain.org site has now been refreshed and (mostly) revived:

roman-britain.co.uk

This was always an excellent resource, so I'm glad to see it back. Perhaps unfortunately, the admins have opted for a new pastel colour-scheme in place of the striking green and black of the old site (although I seem to remember somebody here being rather less impressed with the old colours!)

Guilty. I positively hated it and would set browser stylesheets to nullify that hideous mess. The web is about the communication of information, not its obfuscation (a lesson plenty of other websites need to learn): usually less is more. It always seems a pity when good information is masked by the explosion-in-a-paint-factory effect.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there