Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translating Junkelmann into English
To continue from the Women as Re-enactors post in the Re-enactment Forum...<br>
<br>
Sander, you said that translating the Junkelmann titles online in full would be a copyright violation. I concur; I didn't make myself clear earlier.<br>
<br>
I wouldn't want to put Junkelmann online in English. I would like to see him in an English-language reprint. But I certainly don't expect you and I to take that project on. It would just be nice to see.<br>
<br>
I bet I could find Herr Doktor Junkelmann himself and ask him if he's ever considered doing an English version. I'll venture a guess he's conversant in English; that being the case, a partnered translation effort would require a native English speaker who preferably was an initiate of Roman army studies.<br>
<br>
I'm not saying I qualify; certainly I don't have the time for another project! E EM But wouldn't it be nice to read Marcus Junkelmann's books in English?<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Salve,<br>
<br>
There should probably be a viable market for his titles in English. For me personally though it makes little difference: both English and German are foreign languages. The last works on the Roman army translated into Dutch were Connolly's The Roman army and Warry's Warfare in the Classical world.<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Sander van Dorst <p></p><i></i>
Dr Junkelmann does indeed speak English <p></p><i></i>
Vardulli, how came you by this knowledge? I assume you met him re-enacting.<br>
<br>
<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
He was a speaker at ROMEC in 1999. <p></p><i></i>
Great! Maybe he'll be at this year's conference in Vindonissa. I'll have to discuss with him then.<br>
<br>
Which of you all are planning to attend ROMEC 2001? <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

Junkelmann is listed as one of the speakers for this years ROMEC.<br>
<br>
I might go but I think it unlikely.<br>
<br>
Well very unlikely......<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>