Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many Romans.....
The Legio XX Lupercalia party is approaching, and we have appointed my daughter, classics major and Latin teacher, to come up with the Roman jeopardy. One of the questions, to which we need a good answer..is as follows:<br>
<br>
How many Romans does it take to screw in a lightbulb? <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Ehhh, I'd say it mainly takes an <em>alive</em> one, who is familiar with both the concept of the lightbulb and a screwfitting. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
In the Republic, it could take a long time and several legions. First, you backstabbed your political opponents and some of your friends to get a proconsular command. Once you had your legions in hand, you selected a barbarian nation. Then you crushed it beneath your caligae, reduced its fortifications, conquered and enslaved its people, had its king dragged before your curule chair in chains, handed him a light bulb and said: "Go screw this in." <p></p><i></i>
hmm,<br>
<br>
51 romans: 1 to screw the lightbulb and 50 to guard him. <p>Volo anaticulam cumminosam meam!</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Some Romans did at least know of the screw, anyway, they should have lived for some centuries to hear about the lightbulb!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
For Romans to screw in a light bulb, what you need is either a very large light bulb or very tiny Romans...<br>
<br>
Sorry... Never mind... <p></p><i></i>
Is that two then Antoninus?<br>
<br>
How many romans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?<br>
Only one...as long as he has a chair to stand on. (duh)<br>
<br>
Thinking about the social worker one: How many social workers does it take to change a lightbulb?<br>
One, but the lightbulb has to want to change.<br>
<br>
How many Romans does it take to change a lightbulb?<br>
About 10-15000...two or three legions to subjugate it and the lightbulb gets changed whether it wants to or not.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Ave:<br>
<br>
It takes 51 Romans to do it:<br>
<br>
A. One Emperor to screw in the light bulb<br>
<br>
B. Fifty Praetorians to assasssinate him and then sell the empty throne to the highest bidder..<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Vale:<br>
<br>
Gaius <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=gaiusoctaviusdrusus@romanarmytalk>Gaius Octavius Drusus</A> at: 1/22/04 10:01 pm<br></i>
Michael Garrity