Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"De reditu": a new roman movie (Italy)
<br>
Dan, yes, even (or especially) with a 2,5 million euro budget, a calling for re-enactors could be the best solution. Anyway the roman re-enactment matter (above all about the late Empire side) is less or more unknown yet to the big mass of people (and seeing "Gladiator", "Passion" and now "De reditu" we can confirm that). In Italy, we are trying to do something I think, but it's just a beginning, even along a right way in my opinion. The events (if of good quality) are working for that, and for that are so important. Here, after the events and exhibition many people knew a "new world", and a new way to see the Romans and their history. And maybe a new way to film their stories... Tongue<br>
<br>
Aitor, DVD? Of course, as soon as released...<br>
<br>
Quote:</em></strong><hr>That's Namatianus' kind of feeling what attracts me most from all Roman story. The final crisis and the ominous presence of a near end while the world around you seems to be falling into pieces! (too romantic!)<hr><br>
<br>
It's the same for me, I love the "wrong" side feelings at the end of an era, because the ends in general and the changing of the world by violence, deceit or trason clearly separates the honour and truth from opportunism, betrayal and lies. But the romantics are not the fashion anymore today, though even if hidden they are alive! The fall of the roman Empire was probably the highest moment of the usual few irreducible men and the lowest moment of the usual many opportunist ones... The morally aristocratic vision of the world was the only food that kept alive some concepts till us. The very Nature seems to be made for the opportunists (men and animals) and it could be the reason we are so fascinated by a not merely "functional" vision of life. If we are "dinosaurs", up with the dinosaurs Tongue<br>
<br>
Anyway making a movie about "the end" how we dream could be possible, Aitor. The present digital cameras, digital doctoring of the images, the existence of the re-enactors and Internet, make the making of a such movie easier than twenty years ago.<br>
<br>
What is needed is "just" : money (not so much), a great story, a good script, re-enactors and a lot of creativity to solve the low budget problems. The leaving of the legions from Britannia could be a good starting subject, for example.<br>
<br>
After all the movie festivals are so full of crap. We could start with a 5 minuts not documentary "short" with a good story...<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Titus Sabatinus Aquilius<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Re: "De reditu": a new roman movie (Italy) - by TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS - 01-22-2004, 02:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "De reditu": just seen the movie, a personal revie TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS 4 1,896 02-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat