Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Reply and PM Notifications
Until recently I received e-mail notifications of new replies to threads to which I am subscribed. A few days ago, I noticed that these had stopped. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Also, under the old system similar e-mail notifications were sent when a PM had been received. The new system does not seem to have this facility. Is there any chance of this method of notification being revived? It is very easy to miss PMs otherwise.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
maybe it has to do with your settings
if you have subscribed to something you can choose to get emails pm or nothing
can you first look in one or 2 of your subscriptions and check if still the case?

here is the link
http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/usercp....scriptions
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
This thread is a case in point. My setting reads 'Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies' but I did not receive notification of your post.
Michael King Macdona

I do get
can you please which email you have registered, maybe is another email than you would expect. I had the problem when had to reregister and move the old account on the new one
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
My registered e-mail address is correct, I am subscribed to this thread and I have not received notification of either of your posts. You, on the other hand, seem to have received notification of mine. It is very odd. Do you also receive notification of PMs?
Michael King Macdona

Is there an answer to my problem? The question of reputation rating seems to be a continuing difficulty as well.
Michael King Macdona

Michael,

I don't think any of us regular members can post or receive a "Positive" rating. Only "Neutral;" which is, as I've said, not a Rating at all. It's just urine in the wind. However, moderators can post "Postive" ratings. The glitch occurred weeks ago... if it was a "glitch" at all. You can add up the "Neutrals" within your rating and discover what your actual rating is, but that hardly seems worthwhile. Sad
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
(04-29-2016, 05:25 PM)Alanus Wrote: The glitch occurred weeks ago... if it was a "glitch" at all.

Alan! Are you seriously suggesting that we moderators could agree on anything as trivial as.. sabotaging the reputation rating??  Rolleyes
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Robert,
I'm certainly not pointing fingers. I just don't think the software modified itself. The idea that the moderators got together to limit options to the "plebs," wasn't my intent. I'm simply uncomfortable with a lack of choice that leaves no option except a neutral "rating." If the human reproductive process relied upon neutral, none of us would be here.

woman: "How did my pregnancy test turn out?"
doctor: "Nothing to worry about. You're neutral."
Wink
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
Quite clearly something has gone wrong. We used to have a system that worked; now we don't. What can be done to put it right? The same can be said for the e-mail notifications that I used to receive.
Michael King Macdona

And I am still getting them BTW, the notifications I mean
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
(05-10-2016, 10:15 AM)Gunthamund Hasding Wrote: And I am still getting them BTW, the notifications I mean

That's extraordinary. It's not that I have never received them; I used to but now they have stopped. Am I alone in having this problem?
Michael King Macdona

Hi Michael
If you're not getting any emails from this forum anymore, the most logical reason for that would be that your email provider/your email program is blocking or filtering those emails.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
But why and wouldn't they go to junk?
Michael King Macdona

Spam filters decide on a myriad of rules, depending on which specific algorithm/server/program you use. Perhaps it looks too automated, perhaps it doesn't like the server, perhaps someone else complained about this server and that reflects on how it responds for you... No way to tell. Did you check your spam folder?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E-mail notifications Renatus 12 4,604 11-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Posting Subscriptions/Notifications Pointer 1 1,968 09-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  losing a reply to a post hansvl 4 3,217 02-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Marcus Julius