Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new book
Mark,

I really feel the "pain" for you. Routledge is really Gouging on this one. At that Wicked price, your book should be in full color, glossy paper, with a decent sewn binding. They sound just like Brepols, another "let's take advantage of the academics" publisher.
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
Thanks for the update - if it had been a few weeks before Xmas, I might have persuaded my partner to cop for it. Here's hoping I can save up some pennies soon!
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
I've got to say that Routledge have been great to deal with- I think the price is just one of those standard things because print runs are so small. I'm told if it sells well they'll do a paperback version which will be far more affordable. There's no money in this- I just want as many people to read it as possible- even if they disagree with me. I think the topic hasn't received the interest it deserves so hopefully I can at least spark some debate with this book.
Sounds good - shame the kindle version is so pricey also. While I prefer reading a hard copy, I do have a decent e-library (as it were). If the kindle price had been lower, I would have bought it. I will see how my finances have recovered after Xmas and NY! This is a topic which interests me greatly!
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
Hi all- just noticed that the e-book version of my book is now ata far more reasonable price for anyone interested

https://www.routledge.com/The-Emperor-an...1472457592
Nice - I see the 'infamous' JPS has given you a glowing review on Amazon. Congratulations!
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
(05-19-2017, 11:32 PM)Longovicium Wrote: Nice - I see the 'infamous' JPS has given you a glowing review on Amazon. Congratulations!

One small victory at a time.... Smile
(05-19-2017, 09:45 PM)markhebb Wrote: Hi all- just noticed that the e-book version of my book is now ata far more reasonable price for anyone interested

https://www.routledge.com/The-Emperor-an...1472457592

I goes on my birthday wishlist right away!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)