Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone familiar with Rome, Italy?
(08-20-2016, 02:33 AM)Hasdrubal Wrote: I'm off for a wonderful two week vacation In Rome, Italy (...)

2.) A shop were I can buy Roman clothing i.e Tunics, Belts, Caligae, etc.

Have fun there. A wonderfull city with nice things to see. Don't forget to give Ostia antica a visit as well. (easily accessible by train)

As for your second question: Don't buy any items in Rome, especially not in tourist shops.
There is an interesting store just around the corner from Trajan Column (go up the stairs en turn to the left. It is in the corner of the street.),
but you will most likely OVERPAY AND can have quality issues (good and bad stuff is all sold there together, so you need to know what to look for).

i.e. start looking around for online buys of equipment en ask help from this forum for instance. Way more worth of your money and saves you from having to replace items in the end.

Again, have fun there. It's a lovely city.

My favourite restaurant is the following little place, but there are many more nice ones:
Ristorante Il Ponentino, Piazza del Drago, 10, 00153 Roma, Italiƫ. Just around the corner from the Tiber on a small, quiet square.
ALA I BATAVORUM

Messages In This Thread
Anyone familiar with Rome, Italy? - by Hasdrubal - 08-20-2016, 02:33 AM
RE: Anyone familiar with Rome, Italy? - by jvrjenivs - 08-20-2016, 09:42 AM