Sextus Julius Africanus
Bug 
Hi guys is there an online translation of it

need specifically Cesti 1.15 if someone can help me would be great
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
I have a hard copy on my desk. Cesti is ordered by alphabetical sections such as D7, F69, etc. I can quote the passage for you if you can give me the exact section?
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
I had 1.15 maybe is I.15 there should be something about measurements
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Hmm no such listing. I will scan some pics of the index for you and you can then point me in the right direction.
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
Francis thanks for the email

unfortunately I can't find what I was looking. it should be something about measuring the height of a wall. If someone can help please do it
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
(08-31-2016, 11:37 AM)GunthamundĀ Hasding Wrote: it should be something about measuring the height of a wall

I don't have the book but, looking at the Introduction in Google Books, it seems that this might be in either F12,1-3 or F12,14-18.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Is this the section about the 'dioptra' measuring device, mentioned in Milner's note to Vegetius IV.30? (Milner has the reference 'Cest 1.15)

I think the correct reference is Kestos or Kestoi 7, I.15 (alternatively 'F12 of the 7th Cestus'). It looks like there's a section of it in translation here:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ONSP...22&f=false

and some more here:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=9Ngk...22&f=false
Nathan Ross
Got it - thanks, chaps! It is F12, the Seventh Cestus, 15, page 75-81: 'To Find the Width of a River and the Height of a Wall'. Do you need the whole section? If so, I can take pics and convert it into a rough pdf and email it over.
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
Thanks guys really helpful

Francis please can you help I will need only this section, you have my email Smile.

I owe you both a beer at least don't forget to tell me when we meet next time. And don't say we wont during the years I meet quite a few of the bunch here

BTW can please a mod give positive rating to these guys Smile
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Just got home now so give me an hour or so and I will be able to get a pdf over to your email address! Beer sounds good - look forward to it!
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
Thanks again for your effort
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro