Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the reputation system...
There are three columns, but when one goes to rate someone or their post, only neutral shows up as an option. How would one select positive and even negative?
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
well this was discussed in another thread

since quite a while you can give only neutral rating

it seems that the system works for the admins (aristocracy) "senatores" and "equites" but not for the normal peeps "plebs" I wish Caesar would be here so the "populares" get the upper hand again
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Jaspar seems to think an upgrade hopefully forthcoming may fix the issue... I still have the same problem...

http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/thread-...reputation

maybe this should be combined with the other thread rather then have two on the same subject...
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
(09-08-2016, 06:06 AM)Gunthamund Hasding Wrote: well this was discussed in another thread

since quite a while you can give only neutral rating

it seems that the system works for the admins (aristocracy) "senatores" and "equites" but not for the normal peeps "plebs" I wish Caesar would be here so the "populares" get the upper hand again

Sad
There's at least one positive I'd like to hand out and one fellow that deserves a neg, so neutral is inappropriate in this instance.

(09-08-2016, 06:39 AM)Crispianus Wrote: Jaspar seems to think an upgrade hopefully forthcoming may fix the issue... I still have the same problem...

http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/thread-...reputation

maybe this should be combined with the other thread rather then have two on the same subject...

Missed that thread... Blush

While I have someone's attention...

Why is it when I reply to two different people in the same thread, in short period, the two separate posts end up as one? Huh
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
(09-08-2016, 01:56 PM)Condottiero Magno Wrote: Sad
There's at least one positive I'd like to hand out and one fellow that deserves a neg, so neutral is inappropriate in this instance.

Try asking Robert Vermaat I would think he would oblige... not sure neutral is appropriate in any instance its like "I kind of agree but not really" neither fish nor fowl... at least not when your dealing with a rating at any rate....
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
(09-08-2016, 02:08 PM)Crispianus Wrote:
(09-08-2016, 01:56 PM)Condottiero Magno Wrote: Sad

Try asking Robert Vermaat I would think he would oblige... not sure neutral is appropriate in any instance its like "I kind of agree but not really" neither fish nor fowl... at least not when your dealing with a rating at any rate....

Not important enough to bother the mod(s), so I'll wait...
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
So, does it work since the update? I've never had issues, but then, I have powers...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
(10-13-2016, 04:17 PM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: So, does it work since the update? I've never had issues, but then, I have powers...

Still doesn't work, but not a big deal...

What's annoying is the posting system: replying to multiple people in a thread results in one post with multiple quotes. Is this intended to minimize clutter? Unless someone else posts right after me, all additional posts go into that one. Maybe I'm doing something wrong... Huh
aka T*O*N*G*A*R
(10-13-2016, 04:17 PM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: So, does it work since the update? I've never had issues, but then, I have powers...

Still only 'Neutral' available to us lesser beings!
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Do you use 'quote' to post a reply? (just testing)
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
(10-13-2016, 05:28 PM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: Do you use 'quote' to post a reply? (just testing)

Yes
Michael King Macdona

Jasper, I tried "quote" too. Nothing happens. By the way, thanks for cleaning up that trollish mess from a couple of days ago on Allies & Enemies, or maybe it was one of the administrators. :-)
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
(10-13-2016, 08:16 PM)Alanus Wrote: Jasper, I tried "quote" too. Nothing happens. By the way, thanks for cleaning up that trollish mess from a couple of days ago on Allies & Enemies, or maybe it was one of the administrators. :-)

It does, actually, but only if you use the proper reply screen, not the quick reply just below. By clicking the quote button and then 'reply', you can indicate whether the previous post is quoted or not. Or at least, that seems to be the idea...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
(10-13-2016, 08:30 PM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: It does, actually, but only if you use the proper reply screen, not the quick reply just below. By clicking the quote button and then 'reply', you can indicate whether the previous post is quoted or not. Or at least, that seems to be the idea...

Is that what you're supposed to do? I click 'Quote', then go to the 'Quick Reply' box and click 'Quote these posts now'. That brings up the post that I just clicked 'Quote' on and I carry on from there. If I want to reply to more than one post, I click 'Quote' on each one before going to the 'Quick Reply' box. Clicking 'Quote these posts now' brings up all the selected posts.
Michael King Macdona

How about now? New update applied, new chance of bugfixes.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reputation rating. Michael Kerr 37 19,168 10-12-2021, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis