Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Second Punic War in Spain
I suppose I'm at this board under what you might term false pretences. My interest lies not so much in the Roman army as in the Carthaginian one. In particular, I'm interested in the campaigns of Mago, the youngest brother of Hannibal.<br>
<br>
Whilst I know he played important roles at the battles of the Trebia and at Cannae, I've found it hard to obtain evidence of what he was doing in the years between Cannae and Ilipa. After that, I have a better idea of where he was, although information on all three areas and also on his life before the Second Punic War would be nice.<br>
<br>
Does someone have either a link or some information they can give me? <p></p><i></i>
Mago Barca after Cannae<br>
216 - Reduced a number of towns/villages in Southern Italy. Then travelled to Africa to deliver Hannibal's report to the Carthaginian Senate.<br>
215-214 - Was engaged in recruiting troops first on behalf of Hannibal; later these troops were redirected to Spain.<br>
213-212 - No knowledge. Presumably he was either recruiting troops in Spain and Africa, or serving with Hasdrubal Barca suppressing the revolt of Syphax.<br>
211-206 - Fought against the Scipios in Spain; check the Scipio biography under the history section of my website for some of the details (www.fenrir.dk/ ).<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<p>Strategy<br>
Designer/Developer<br>
Imperium - Rise of Rome</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/ustrategym.showPublicProfile?language=EN>StrategyM</A> at: 10/9/02 12:20:51 pm<br></i>
Regards,

Michael A./MicaByte