Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
io lupercalia
Io Lupercalia! Sorry, no young men have volunteered to run naked around the neighborhood tomorrow, but the party will go on anyway. Below is the Nova Roma writeup of the festival:<br>
<br>
XV Februarius/February 15: A celebration sacred to Faunus, the luperci priests sacrifice goats and a dog, as well as sacred cakes. Afterwards, two young nobles are smeared with the sacrificial blood and the lupercii don the hides of the goats and run through the streets striking passersby with strips of the goats' skin to promote fertility. It is a festival of much revelry. <p>Aulus, Legio XX.
the HIGH NOISE/low signal person for RAT.
ICQ 940236
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
No one seemed to mind the lack of goat skins. We did have a preview of Depeeka's new 'bellum stellum' helmet<br>
,<br>
www.geocities.com/richsc5...ercal.html<br>
<br>
apparently to be prominently featured in the new Boudicca movie, and we think we've landed Xena in the group<br>
which I think would please Jenny. <p>Aulus, Legio XX.
the HIGH NOISE/low signal person for RAT.
ICQ 940236
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=richsc>RichSC</A> at: 2/18/02 2:07:40 pm<br></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Depeeka finally made a helmet that's 100% accurate! E EM <p><BR><p align=left><font color=gold><font size=2>
_______________________________<BR>
MILES CASCA TARQVINIVS GEMINVS<BR>
<a href=http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org> LEG IX HSPA COH V CEN VIII CON III </font></font><BR>
<font color=gold><font size=2>
VIRES ET VALOR PRO GLORIA ROMAE<BR>
_______________________________</font></font></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lupercalia Libitina 29 5,403 02-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Lupercalia entertainment richsc 15 2,896 07-15-2003, 10:42 AM
Last Post: richsc