Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
book itch - 2004
I haven't bought a Roman book in, oh, two months, and my collector's itch is going. What books published in 2004 do you recommend, and what are your favorites? <p>Legio XX <br>
Caupona Asellinae</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Rich, did you see this book on Roman food?<br>
Around the Roman Table<br>
<br>
I just ordered it, but I figured you might already have seen it and might have a review... <p>"Just before class started, I looked in the big book where all the world's history is written, and it said...." Neil J. Hackett, PhD ancient history, professor OSU, </p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
We do happen to have that one, with book marks on some of the recipes. Since we have the Lupercalia party approaching, I need to buy the ingredients.<br>
We also have:<br>
"Roman Cookery" by Mark Grant<br>
"Food in Roman Britain" by Joan Alcock<br>
"Cookery and Dining in Imperial Rome" by Apicius translated by Vehling<br>
"A Taste of Ancient Rome" by Giacosa<br>
<br>
Of which I think we like the Around the Roman Table as the most sensible in recreations. <p>Legio XX Caupona Asellinae</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Although it was published in 02, have you read 'Route 66 A.D., On the Trail of Ancient Roman Tourists by Tony Perrottet, yet? I'm halfway through it and I'm really enjoying it. I'm planning a trip to Italy, Spain and Greece and am finding this book helpful. <p></p><i></i>