Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROME IN THE WEST AND ATTILA
Quote:I did not realise he used so much of your work. Verbatim? I would really contact him about that. I too have someone who 'used' my work, verbatim and not a small bit. he did not have the decency to mention me either. I know the feeling.

I'm not saying that, but there are a couple things in it I came up with. He doesn't reiterate them verbatim.

Quote:That's too bad! But you're still young, keep at it - it's not like this material has a sell by date. But I sympathize - it's especially sour when someone else does publish about it. How about starting with a condensed article in AW?

Actually I tried that and they picked another author. They wouldn't take me for my proposal to write an article on Lance and Bow Warfare for their archery issue either.

Unfortunately there's no issue of Ancient Warfare in the next 2 years on Late Rome or anything remotely related to the Battle of the Catalaunian Fields.

Quote:The chapter subheading on Chalons uses the same Sidonius Apollinaris quote as your paper, which might show influence (to put it politely) but is hardy plagarism. It's surely unwise to be accusing somebody of this on a public forum without having read and checked the whole paper.

No it's not that, he took my suggestions on things like Aetius used tactics we see in the Strategikon, other little stuff I came up with.

Messages In This Thread
ROME IN THE WEST AND ATTILA - by Lothia - 02-14-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: ROME IN THE WEST AND ATTILA - by Nathan Ross - 02-15-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: ROME IN THE WEST AND ATTILA - by Nathan Ross - 02-16-2017, 02:19 PM
RE: ROME IN THE WEST AND ATTILA - by Michael Kerr - 02-16-2017, 02:14 AM
RE: ROME IN THE WEST AND ATTILA - by Flavivs Aetivs - 02-16-2017, 05:01 PM
RE: ROME IN THE WEST AND ATTILA - by Nathan Ross - 02-17-2017, 03:22 PM
RE: ROME IN THE WEST AND ATTILA - by Alanus - 02-19-2017, 05:21 AM