Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconsider the like mechanism
Yes, I know, this will be hit for some, but from what I have seen likes are not used to reward research but points of view identical to one's own, or to punish those who write the opposite, even if he is able to provide better documentation and sources.

So, I suggest to remove the like button, that may be replaced by a system to reward research (how? yes good question, not with like button Smile).
- CaesarAugustus
www.romanempire.cloud
(Marco Parente)
(11-11-2019, 05:58 PM)CaesarAugustus Wrote: Yes, I know, this will be hit for some, but from what I have seen likes are not used to reward research but points of view identical to one's own, or to punish those who write the opposite, even if he is able to provide better documentation and sources.

So, I suggest to remove the like button, that may be replaced by a system to reward research (how? yes good question, not with like button Smile).
On another message-board I frequent, they don't have a rate button, but a "thank you" button. However I don't think online discussion-boards are the places to "grad" scholarship.
(11-11-2019, 07:00 PM)halstein Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 05:58 PM)CaesarAugustus Wrote: Yes, I know, this will be hit for some, but from what I have seen likes are not used to reward research but points of view identical to one's own, or to punish those who write the opposite, even if he is able to provide better documentation and sources.

On another message-board I frequent, they don't have a rate button, but a "thank you" button. However I don't think online discussion-boards are the places to "grad" scholarship.
Sure, I agree. The point is not to "grad" scholarship but to reward researches made, if it is possible to find a good way for it.
- CaesarAugustus
www.romanempire.cloud
(Marco Parente)
I've "liked" posts that I didn't agree with if I thought the case was well-presented.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Me too. But I use it sparingly.
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
(11-11-2019, 07:00 PM)halstein Wrote: On another message-board I frequent, they don't have a rate button, but a "thank you" button. However I don't think online discussion-boards are the places to "grad" scholarship.

That's how I use the 'rate' button - presenting a case or sharing information gets my vote.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)