Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Century Impression
Salvete,

I've been thinking that I would like to create an impression of a Decurion from about mid-3rd Century. The problem is, I don't know where to start. Which suppliers are the most historically accurate? Should I make some of the gear, such as clothing, myself? How do I make sure that my impression is historically accurate? Please pardon the barrage of questions, and I'd love to hear any and all advice from y'all!

Many Thanks,

Liam
Welcome Liam,

Of course you could make parts of your equipment yourself, in fact I would recomment that. I mean, just the simple stuff (that is, if you don't have any experience of course) such as painting spear shafts, making a flat shield and sewing your simple white linen undertunic etc.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
(12-12-2017, 10:42 AM)Robert Vermaat Wrote: Welcome Liam,

Of course you could make parts of your equipment yourself, in fact I would recomment that. I mean, just the simple stuff (that is, if you don't have any experience of course) such as painting spear shafts, making a flat shield and sewing your simple white linen undertunic etc.

Thank you for the advice! Do you have any recommendations on where I can get more information about making my own clothing?
Ask around here?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Use of greave(s) for a second century impression? CM Demetrivs Medicvs 9 2,465 02-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Torc for 3de Century impression Aurelianus 6 3,399 12-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Second Century impression scott 26 6,035 07-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Martin Moser