Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database of Military Inscriptions and Papyri of Early Roman Palestine
Hi All,
I just launched a resource that may be of interest to some here. I'm a biblical scholar specializing in soldier-civilian interactions in early Roman Palestine and launched a website to help those interested in: www.ArmyOfRomanPalestine.com It's still a work in progress, but collects all known military papyri and inscriptions found in Palestine or otherwise pertaining to Jews and other denizens of Palestine. Any suggestions or corrections would be welcome.

Many thanks.
Chris
Chris Zeichmann - New Testament Ph.D.
Looks like it will be an excellent resource!

Just one suggestion, perhaps - your 'timeline' section is a narrative history at present. Might it be preferable to put it in list form, with full dates (month and day as well) where known? That would make it easier to search for dates when cross checking evidence, and would allow you to note (for example) the precise dates of diplomas and papyri among the other information.
Nathan Ross
(02-23-2018, 01:34 PM)Nathan Ross Wrote: Looks like it will be an excellent resource!

Just one suggestion, perhaps - your 'timeline' section is a narrative history at present. Might it be preferable to put it in list form, with full dates (month and day as well) where known? That would make it easier to search for dates when cross checking evidence, and would allow you to note (for example) the precise dates of diplomas and papyri among the other information.

Great suggestion, Nathan! I'm messing around with some digital timeline tools at the moment and it looks like that would help put a lot of complex information in a single tool.  Not sure how long it will take me to input all the information, but I'm hoping I can get it going within a week or so!
Chris Zeichmann - New Testament Ph.D.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information A Sixth or Early Seventh Century Ad Iconography of Roman Military Equipment in Egypt Condottiero Magno 0 1,022 03-27-2019, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Condottiero Magno
  Roman military diet - bone database Anderson 5 1,851 03-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Caratacus
  Early Imperial military presence in GB, pre AD 43? Tim Edwards 1 1,309 11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Last Post: D B Campbell