Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
equites 1st century AD
hey all,

I'm completely new to the roman reananactment, only having done 15th century for over 10 years.
For the last few years I've been focussing on the equestrian side of the hobby, and joined stichting HEI (do have a look!).
This year I've been asked to help out in an equestrian show of them as roman cavalry.
I've only done 1 roman show in the past, with Ala Batavorum (Jurjen's group who frequently joins up with the stichting HEI riders) as a replacement rider.
That's why I've now decided to start a small but modest equites kit of my own, since borrowing stuff from others is always just a temporary solution.

Right now I'm looking at aquiring the basic garments to wear onderneath the military garment  of a 1st century AD equites.
So far I'm getting some Caligae by fabrica cacti and a leather bracae.
The rest of the kit i'd love to make myself.
However here I run into lots of questions.
I've acquired Graham Sumners Roman military dress but would still love everyones advice on what might be good starter garments.
Oh, and some tips on how those damn clavi were sewn on.  I assume they are the same bfabric as the rest of the garment but just dyed but how were they sewn on? Huh

Any advice is most welcome whil I do my reading up! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
equites 1st century AD - by hendrikdc - 05-09-2018, 05:26 PM
RE: equites 1st century AD - by 2biggij - 06-06-2018, 06:10 PM
RE: equites 1st century AD - by 2biggij - 06-06-2018, 06:12 PM
RE: equites 1st century AD - by hendrikdc - 06-11-2018, 07:42 PM