Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players needed Rome Total War
Was wondering if anyone was interested in playing Rome Total War? I would like to try out Roman tactics against the barbarian hordes or fight off the Rome at the Trebia river.
Jonah Eastwood 
I loved the first RTW and played it for months, but the latest one was disappointing. All of the stuff I enjoyed in the former was taken out of the latter.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
(05-20-2018, 11:42 PM)Dan Howard Wrote: I loved the first RTW and played it for months, but the latest one was disappointing. All of the stuff I enjoyed in the former was taken out of the latter.

The question is do you play it now? I have the EB mod and I'm in the middle of my conquest of Italy.
Jonah Eastwood 
I'd love to fire up Rome Total War tbh. Haven't played it years and I kind of missing it. I've been playing a lot of Tatal War Warhammer I and II lately. Do you play those, Jonah?
I have my own modification for Rome Total War 2 if anyone is interested in trying it out:

http://toontotalwar.wixsite.com/rome-2-all-in-one
(08-03-2018, 06:58 PM)Len Campey Wrote: I have my own modification for Rome Total War 2 if anyone is interested in trying it out:

http://toontotalwar.wixsite.com/rome-2-all-in-one

Just read this, RTW is great but RTW 2 is even better , I’ve been playing RTW for years and I never get bored of it. I recently downloaded the steam version which has tons of add ons in the steam workshop, a lot of good folk have put in some serious time and effort to create more realism and better ground textures, it’s definately worth playing. I’m not really into playing the campaigns, I prefer to recreate my own battles in custom player or the historical battles, nothing better than hunting down and slaughtering a few Iceni.
Hey stug50, Thats good to hear. I would recommend to play my mod if you have Rome 2 it’s one of the largest overhauls with all the legions and auxiliary cohorts available in custom battle!!
(11-22-2018, 08:24 PM)Len Campey Wrote: Hey stug50, Thats good to hear. I would recommend to play my mod if you have Rome 2 it’s one of the largest overhauls with all the legions and auxiliary cohorts available in custom battle!!

Thanks Len, 
I’ll give that a go, does your mod need to be installed on clean installation of RTW2 or should I disable my mods and install. 
Cheers  Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,867 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 89,121 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67
  Rome Total Realism Is Back! ahowl11 16 10,282 09-25-2016, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs