Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help in late Roman Reenactment
(02-15-2019, 10:48 AM)Lusitani Wrote: And thank you a lot Jack, your information will be very usefull while I am making my kit. For now I should search for a sling since during last year's christmas I ended up spending some money in a Plumbata (I blame myself for liking such a weapon to the point where I would buy one).

If you would like to get your hands on a sling, I would be happy to help you. I would be willing to make you a sling free-of-charge as long as you would be happy to pay for the postage. PM me if you are interested. 

Slinging.org has a marketplace for slings, though I am not sure if you need to have an account there in order to access that section.

Amdocraft sells really good Tibetan slings for about $6 AUD each, which frankly is a steal because these slings are really damn beautiful! A Tibetan sling may not necessarily be 'Historically' accurate for your portrayal, but they are well-made woolen slings which you would find really hard to beat for the price, whilst also being beautiful objects to look at.

You might also like to look up "Shepherd Sling" on Etsy and see what you can find. I am personally a little apprehensive about Etsy for slings though, given that the vast majority seem to be, no offense to the makers... quite crappy, especially for a price tag of 20 dollars. Ryan looks to have a good reputation as a slingmaker on Etsy, so you might want to look through his products.

If you want to get your hands on sling bullets, PM me also. My pricing is roughly $2.00 AUD per glande plus postage/packaging etcetera, so I'd highly recommend buying a bunch of them. You can also leave a message over on here.

Edit: Additionally, If you would like to make your own sling, visit Slinging.org. Making your own slings is easy. Throwing, and Throwing accurately, now that's the hard part! Smile
Jack Svendsen.

Messages In This Thread
Help in late Roman Reenactment - by Lusitani - 12-24-2018, 02:24 PM
RE: Help in late Roman Reenactment - by Lusitani - 02-15-2019, 10:48 AM
RE: Help in late Roman Reenactment - by Jack Svendsen - 03-08-2019, 01:48 PM