Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birdoswald Artillery event
We will be having a bit of a competition with artillery as a event alongside other groups, I believe the first time in Brittania. So looking forward to this  Smile
https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visi...-jul-2019/
So its a heads up come along and enjoy.
Regards Brennivs  Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Damn, wanted to go to this but clashes with a friend's wedding on the Isle of Arran.
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
What a shame but what a place to go to for a wedding, have a wonderful time as I will.
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
Looks like great fun.
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
Dan I hope it will be, as a group we have been trying to do this event in Brittania for years now. Asking all those with artillery to a competition. But no one would till now, with the help from english heritage.
LEG II AUGVSTA
LEG VI VICTRIX Antonine Gaurd
LEG XX VALERIA VICTRIX Legion Ireland
Good luck to all those taking part, will be a good weekend.
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
Any chance of getting some good photos from the event and the engines here?
Juuso Laasonen
Hi Juuso I am afraid no photos of the event, taken part ment I could not film or photo it. But we all had great fun we came top for the Ballista on both days but with the other disciplines we came 2nd Sat and 3rd Sun. With the Antonine gaurd winning both days congrats to them  Smile  there are photos on farcebook of the event. Hope to redeem ourselves next year Wink
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
(07-27-2019, 07:26 PM)brennivs - tony drake Wrote: Hi Juuso I am afraid no photos of the event, taken part ment I could not film or photo it. But we all had great fun we came top for the Ballista on both days but with the other disciplines we came 2nd Sat and 3rd Sun. With the Antonine gaurd winning both days congrats to them  Smile  there are photos on farcebook of the event. Hope to redeem ourselves next year Wink

Sounds like you had a great time, at least you retained your sense of Humour Wink
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
Thanks Ivor  Smile  it was all done with outstanding camaraderie on all teams helping each other out. But the Hasta we had to use not a javelin  Angry was the shape of a banana not the easiest thing to throw. So busy making a hasta to practice with as well as a Fvstibalvs for our displays.
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Britannia at Birdoswald (Bana) 2010 sillicus 9 2,326 06-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Last Post: ArthuroftheBritons