Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Posting problems with fonts et al
(06-16-2019, 06:33 AM)Steven James Wrote: Michael wrote:
Why do you "give up"?

My method of replying to this forum is to copy what has been written, and then paste it in a Word document. Then I copy and paste back into the forum. Every time I did this, the posting came out in a font too small to read. After trying different ways, the result was the same so I wrote “I give up” and left it. It has now been fixed, I presume by a moderator.

Yes I fixed but but as that takes up too much time I'm not going to do it that way again. I may try to do it another way but then the quoting will disappear.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
(06-16-2019, 06:33 AM)Steven James Wrote: Every time I did this, the posting came out in a font too small to read.

If you look at your own post you'll see the Edit button at the bottom has an option for 'quick edit' - click on that and you'll see the plain text of the message. Delete the bits that say [size] at the beginning and [/size] at the end and it will return to text to the default standard size.
Nathan Ross
(06-17-2019, 06:45 PM)Nathan Ross Wrote:
(06-16-2019, 06:33 AM)Steven James Wrote: Every time I did this, the posting came out in a font too small to read.

If you look at your own post you'll see the Edit button at the bottom has an option for 'quick edit' - click on that and you'll see the plain text of the message. Delete the bits that say [size=undefined]at the beginning and [/size]at the end and it will return to text to the default standard size.

If only it were that easy. There is a plethora of size, clor and fonts to be replaced Sad I reply to the message, copy the text and use that.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
(06-19-2019, 07:55 PM)Robert Vermaat Wrote: If only it were that easy. There is a plethora of size, clor and fonts to be replaced Sad I reply to the message, copy the text and use that.

Easier on all to simply use the reply box.
Paralus|Michael Park

Ἐπὶ τοὺς πατέρας, ὦ κακαὶ κεφαλαί, τοὺς μετὰ Φιλίππου καὶ Ἀλεξάνδρου τὰ ὅλα κατειργασμένους

Wicked men, you are sinning against your fathers, who conquered the whole world under Philip and Alexander!

Academia.edu
Ok, when I logged in I did not get the "unauthorized code message" this time so I will see how this turns out. First Michael, it is not easier to use the quote button. I do not reply to this forum while on the internet. I write my responses over a period of time and offline, and when I can. At the moment I am writing this response while logged in to this forum as it will be short. The method I have been using for years I have had no problem with, all I have to do is change the font to size five on this forum. However, on this thread it has been a problem.

As for the quote button, it is messy. I have seen half a page of a quote and one line in response. Have no idea what it is the poster is actually referring to. The cut and paste method I use in Word allows me to edit another person's comment and get to the direct point of the conversation.

Sorry Robert for the problem. I will do a Word test later and see what happens. If the problem only occurs on this thread, then I will bow out of posting on this thread.
Steven James Wrote:As for the quote button, it is messy. I have seen half a page of a quote and one line in response. Have no idea what it is the poster is actually referring to.

God knows what the 'Quote' button is for. If you click on it, you get a quote from an entirely different thread and, if you try to deselect it, nothing happens. It keeps coming back. I use the 'Reply' button. That seems to work all right.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
(06-20-2019, 11:57 AM)Renatus Wrote: God knows what the 'Quote' button is for. If you click on it, you get a quote from an entirely different thread and, if you try to deselect it, nothing happens. It keeps coming back. I use the 'Reply' button. That seems to work all right.

Clear your browser it works for me, though I suspect the quote button/s is not reseting once a reply is made as I have had this problem as well Wink
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
Crispianus Wrote:Clear your browser it works for me, though I suspect the quote button/s is not reseting once a reply is made as I have had this problem as well Wink

As an experiment, I am replying to your post using the 'Quote' button but deleting all the other stuff first. Let's see if that works.
Michael King Macdona

Well, that experiment didn't work but I have since brought up the old stuff in 'Quick Reply', highlighted it and deleted it. That seems to have got rid of it. Let's see if it comes back.

I suppose that the advantage of the 'Quote' button is that it allows you to gather multiple quotes into one reply and deal with them in turn - provided that posting the reply gets rid of them, of course. Otherwise, you're back to square one.
Michael King Macdona

Nope, I cannot fix the problem or even have the slightest idea what is causing the problem so have bowed out of the conversation.
As an experiment, let’s see what happens if I use Word. It starts out as Calibri, size 11, but that is tiny, so I will enlarge it to size 14. That’s still too small, so I will enlarge it to 16. That’s better, so I will now try pasting it into RAT. That looks a decent size, so I will preview it. That is absolutely minuscule (Calibri, size 4), so I have clicked the 'View Source' button and taken out the 'size', 'color' and 'font' indicators. That previews fine, so I will now post it and see of it comes out OK. If it does, that may indicate how to resolve the problem.
Michael King Macdona

(06-28-2019, 08:37 AM)Steven James Wrote: Nope, I cannot fix the problem or even have the slightest idea what is causing the problem so have bowed out of the conversation.

Actually your last post is fine.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Robert Vermaat Wrote:Actually your last post is fine.

That is because I did not get the message when I logged in "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

I got this message three times when I hit the "Login" button. The fourth attempt to login was successful. I have not tried Michael's suggestions yet, but will soon.