Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Army and Fleet of Publius Scipio's African campaign of 204 BC
incredible depth and detail; a must read dear gentlemen and lady readers...

https://www.academia.edu/43836283/THE_AR...IGN_204_BC
Not only did Steven James with his magnum opus arrived at the apogee of universal application of great History; He also, more importantly, by discovering the link between Pythagoras and the Roman state, has unlocked the celestial gate of hidden destiny.

“The 16,320 infantry were organised into 204 centuries each of 80 infantry (20 velites, 60 hastati or 60 princeps, or 60 triarii)”

I find this concept of grouping different army types into a single unit quite interesting. My research of book 12B of Maurikios’ Strategicon says that the infantry arithmos has 320 soldiers consisting of a tagma of 256 Skoutatoi and a tagma of 64 Psiloi.
Julian de Vries wrote:
Not only did Steven James with his magnum opus arrived at the apogee of universal application of great History; He also, more importantly, by discovering the link between Pythagoras and the Roman state, has unlocked the celestial gate of hidden destiny.

Many thanks Julian. I am well aware I have a powerful tool at my disposal to deciphering Roman military organizations and doctrines.

Julian de Vries wrote:
I find this concept of grouping different army types into a single unit quite interesting. My research of book 12B of Maurikios’ Strategicon says that the infantry arithmos has 320 soldiers consisting of a tagma of 256 Skoutatoi and a tagma of 64 Psiloi.

20 velites to 60 heavy infantry produces the ratio 3 to 1. The 256 skoutatoi to the 64 psiloi produce the ratio 4 to 1, which is common for the Late Roman army. Also the 256 skoutatoi and 64 psiloi belong to the Pythagorean note of C:

Scale

I have always believed there is missing mathematical bridge between the Late Roman army and Maurikios’ Strategicon. I originally was going to attempt this, but after 15 years of intensive research and number crunching I am too tired to do it, so if you want, I can send you my research of the Late Roman army, which still adheres to Pythagorean doctrine. Maybe it could be of some help, maybe not. You be the judge.
“so if you want, I can send you my research of the Late Roman army, which still adheres to Pythagorean doctrine.”

Yes, that sounds outstanding. I would be very interested in this. It would help me immensely.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Publius Ventidius Bassus- wow!!! Currahee Chris 1 1,101 07-20-2018, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Simplex
  Whatever happened to...Publius Ventidius Bassus? Tempestvvv 2 3,076 07-16-2016, 02:57 AM
Last Post: Tempestvvv
  Roman Army on Campaign sjsobolewski 2 1,204 08-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Mark Hygate