Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye
It seems I have never introduced myself, so here I am saying goodbye.

Events have transpired and converged to a certain degree which has unfortunately resulted in the rearrangement of various Laplace points. Therefore this is my last post here on Roman Army Talk Forum.

First of all Julian DeVries (of DeVry Institute) is not my real name. The most important reason for this choice is that just as the medieval artist worked anonymously so did I achieve my accomplishments without taking any credit for myself.

Nathan Ross I have always seen you as the consummate politician, the Appius Claudius Caecus of Roman Army Talk forum. I hope you will find what you are looking for.

Alanus I knew only for a short while before he passed away. He seems to have been very unique in his area of expertise. I wonder is there anyone who will preserve his works?

Michael Collins, I like that your articles have a primary source list, something that is lacking in other authors. You have a good sense of intuition, keep cultivating it! If we lived closer together we probably would have fought many Napoleonic Battles together.

Robert Vermaat, I think your articles in Ancient Warfare Magazine are very fun. I have always appreciated those. Het gaat je goed!

Steven James, you are a genius, a true sage, peerless under heaven. In my opinion, your book on the Roman Army has solved the equation. This is the masterpiece in the waiting. Goodbye great Teacher!

And goodbye to the others too.

Let me end on this note:

5Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus:
6Who, existing in the form of God,
did not consider equality with God
something to be grasped,
7but emptied Himself,
taking the form of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross.
9Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place
and gave Him the name above all names,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Goodbye sir, whatever you name, and godspeed!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)