Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastik symbol by Roman
Hello to all,

Did ever use swastik symbol by Roman

and  if used then  by roman then what was the purpose for using it ?

hope you will help of this topic as before and thanks in advance.

with best regards- Sajid
(11-25-2021, 02:39 PM)SAJID Wrote: Hello to all,

Did ever use swastik symbol by Roman

and  if used then  by roman then what was the purpose for using it ?

hope you will help of this topic as before and thanks in advance.

with best regards- Sajid

The Swastika in europe was a a good luck symbol sometimes you can find it in hobnail patterns on roman shoes...
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
Hi to all,

The Swastika in europe was a a good luck symbol sometimes you can find it in hobnail patterns on roman shoes...
i could not find this symbol here or i am some confuse for recognize.
Please any picture may be available ?
Thanks for response .

with best regards-sajid
(11-26-2021, 12:53 PM)SAJID Wrote: Hi to all,

Thanks for response .

with best regards-sajid

I've looked online and couldn't see any examples, heres one from Mainz (Germany 2nd-4th century AD) there are a few, though not very common as hobnail examples, also in clothing decoration, mozaics etc...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
(11-26-2021, 12:53 PM)SAJID Wrote: Hi to all,

Thanks for response .

with best regards-sajid

Quite a few - I did a Google search for "Roman Swastika" here are a couple of examples

Floor Mosaic

Another Mosaic
Alan
Lives in Caledonia not far from the Antonine Wall.
(11-26-2021, 12:53 PM)SAJID Wrote: Please any picture may be available ?

As others have said, the 'swastika' design (crux gammata, or tetragammadion) was pretty common in Greek and Roman culture.

It appears on floor mosaics (ie here and here), in brooch designs (here), on shield designs (here, from Colchester, and at the corners here from Dura Europos) and on late Roman tunics (here and here).

It was apparently associated with good luck, but could merely have been a decorative pattern, sometimes appearing in combination with other shapes, as here.
Nathan Ross
 Hi to All,
               The Swastika also Hindu  good luck symbol in India . They use it front of their house.
               it means Europe and Asia every place Swastika is good luck symbol.

with best regards-Sajid

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Shield Symbol Renicus Ferrarius 14 3,703 01-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Michael Kerr